Friday, January 31, 2014

Pleasant Poppies

Hi! I'm still sharing card that were in my 'to blog' folder and this one is one of my favorites. I made this for my Aunty, who created this amazing cross stitch for me. (sorry for the bad pic)


So I wanted to make a special card for her to say thank you. I fell in love with this card by Teneale Williams and thought it would be perfect.



I coloured the poppies in rose red and built up the colour and used old olive on the stems. I outlined the image with now retired baja breeze ink and used the words from French Foliage (retired) stamp set to distress and add depth to the image panel. The embossed panel is embossed with the vintage wallpaper EB folder (retired) and I sponged the edges in crumb cake. I used rose red seam binding and vanilla ribbon from my stash.


With this being a special card, I did even stamp on the inside - a rare thing for me :) I think my Aunty loved the card, but I also had a great time making this one.

Any question just ask and thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my little corner of blog land! I love reading your comments and greatly appreciate them :)
Have a great day!