Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Joy to the World

Hello! So we are well and truly into the festive season and hopefully you aren't getting too busy or too run off you feet! At Try Stampin' On Tuesday Jenn has a created a simple sketch for you to use and keep those creative juices flowing even in these busy times.



I was in need of two more Christmas cards for some neighbors and this was exactly the sketch I needed! Quick and simple, yet so effective. Now I'm not one to use dsp - I buy it loving the patterns or colours, but when it comes to using it I either freak out because using a pattern other than polka dots is too scary or I dont want to cut into it because it's too pretty - I see a few of you nodding your heads knowing where I'm coming from ;) So I decided it was time and used this gorgeous paper for my creation. The dsp is retired jolly holiday and my colours are old olive, cherry cobbler and very vanilla. The sentiment is from my favourite set for Christmas sentiments "jolly jingles".


Make sure you pop past the Try Stampin' On Tuesday to see all the stunning creations from the design team.

Thanks for looking

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a great one that could be mass produced. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beautiful!!! LOVE the fun sentiment and the amazing patterns you used! Merry Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah I know exactly what you are talking about ;) with the papers. I do that buy paper & then don't want to use it as it's too pretty. Your cards are superb. I love your take on the sketch. So very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very festive and fun card. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my little corner of blog land! I love reading your comments and greatly appreciate them :)
Have a great day!