Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Bright Birthday Four!

MERRY 
* CHRISTMAS! *

Well the day that we've all planned and scurried around for is finally here! I hope that you are able to enjoy family and good times today and dont eat too much (as I know I seem to do!)

We still have a challenge on today at Try Stampin' On Tuesday, and its a goodie! I need a card for my DD who has a birthday early January and this sketch was perfect. 



I wanted to use bright, fun colours, so out came my brights collection from Stampin' Up. I used my beautiful wings embosslit and my heart punch to create my panel and then I inlaid embossed it with my square lattice embossing folder. I actually made a second embossed panel, but it was way too heavy on the card, so I've used some vellum, embossed with my perfect polka dot folder and trimmed with a very thin piece of pumpkin pie. I was happy with the result, as I can still see the bottom panel. The scallop circle is from spellbinders and I've cut out my number 4 in white and popped it up on dimensionals.  My twine is actually from a pack I got with a magazine, but it is a perfect match with the tempting turquoise - score!
Here's another view - do you think a 4 year old would love to get this?? I know I would:)


Go past Try Stampin On Tuesday and see the other creations the design team have come up with as usual they are amazing!

Thanks for looking

6 comments:

  1. I love your background! The hearts and butterfly really make a darling card for a little girl. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about this card. You are making me want to break out some vellum. Merry Christmas to you & your family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your self made background would certainly help to use up a lot of scraps. Great job. Hope your Christmas was Merry and Bright!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely gorgeous, Sarah! LOVE the bold and bright colors and the use of the dry embossing is one of my favorite techniques! Just a fabulous card--hope you had a fabulous Christmas! HUGS and Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cheery and bright - love this card and the vellum piece is perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my little corner of blog land! I love reading your comments and greatly appreciate them :)
Have a great day!