Friday, November 30, 2012

Festive Friday #47 - Inspiration Photo

Hi Every one! It's time again for another Festive Friday and this week Nicole has given us an inspiration photo to work with.
Here's the photo:


Yes it's vintage, neutral colours with a bit of bling - well that is what inspired me any way - along with the cute little bird :)
So here is what I came up with:

I used very vanilla and crumb cake as my colours. I ran a piece of very vanilla through my big shot with the vintage wallpaper, but I brayered some crumb cake ink on to the non raised section of the embossing folder to create a soft coloured background to highlight the pattern (hope that all made sense!) and I've sponged all the edges. I pulled out my neglected bird punch for the little bird and the ring of leaves. I brayered some crumb cake ink over the bird which is punched out in crumb cake to get more definition for the bird. The sentiment was from the "jolly jingles" wheel and I added a few pearls to opposite corners. I was pretty happy with the result, that I've actually used the similar design in another project which I will share at a later date. This card has already gone to my parents as their Christmas card - thanks to the challenge I managed to be super organised this year!!

So why not use the photo to inspire you? We love to see what you create!

Thanks for looking

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my little corner of blog land! I love reading your comments and greatly appreciate them :)
Have a great day!