Saturday, July 16, 2011

JAI 76 - Inspiration Challenge

Good morning! How great is the inspiration photo at Just Add Ink this week? It reminds me of some where nice and warm (some place where I'd rather be than always having frozen fingers and toes)
I took the photo quite literally in the lay out and colours. With the white rectangle building on the right, the little bit of curve (behind the white verse panel) was taken from the tiles, the plant cascading off the  building and the 'butterfly' as the cloud. My right hand corner looked a little empty, so I took the metal balcony as my guide and added some silver brads. I love that this photo allows us to interpret how ever we see fit - great challenge!




Hope you like it. I also wanted to say a big thank you to every one who leaves me a message. It's much appreciated and encouraging, thanks. 
Have a great day and I'll be hoping for weather more like the one in the photo!

4 comments:

  1. This card is very beautiful Sarah. I love the white butterfly and the tiny little ones in the leaves. So clever and very lovely! Glad the photo inspired you. Thanks for playing at JAI this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful inspiration piece Sarah, love the cluster of flowers. thanks for joining in with this weeks challenge at Just Add Ink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your interpretation of the photo challenge this week! All those little flowers and leaves are just beautiful, as is the vellum butterfly. Thanks for playing ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card and I enjoyed reading how the photo inspired the various elements on your card. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my little corner of blog land! I love reading your comments and greatly appreciate them :)
Have a great day!